Integrating ClickFunnels with Zoom allows you to automatically register users on Zoom when registering for your Zoom event through a ClickFunnel link. Zoom and ClickFunnels need to be connected by you, they will not connect automatically. You can use a third-party app to connect ClickFunnels with Zoom.
Let’s take a look at how to set up a registration page in ClickFunnels, a Zoom event, and how to connect the two.
- Set up a registration page in Clickfunnels
- Create an event in Zoom
- Create an automation to connect the two
- Test your completed integration
How To Integrate ClickFunnels With Zoom
There are several ways to integrate ClickFunnels with Zoom. The most popular options are:
- Using a free third-party app
- Paying for integration functionality in ClickFunnels
Both options will work effectively to integrate your ClickFunnel campaign with your event.
Set Up a Registration Page in ClickFunnels
Create a new registration page in ClickFunnels. Some important items to include are:
- Title of the Zoom event
- Date and time
- Description of the event (what will you be talking about)
- What the attendee will learn or takeaway from the Zoom event
- Max number of registrations
- Button to register and save your spot
Listing a maximum number of registrations is a method to drive urgency to register.
This page should be:
- Easy to navigate
You want to make it easy for people to register. You also want to highlight the value of your event and show people why they should attend.
Create an Event in Zoom
You’ll need to create an identical event in Zoom. The information on the Zoom event should match the information on your ClickFunnel registration page.
Enter in the same:
- Title of the event
- Date and time
- Description of the event (what will you be talking about)
- What the attendee will learn or take away from the event
You’ll also want to make sure the following boxes are checked in Zoom:
- Confirmation Email to Registrants: Send upon registration
- Reminder Email: Send 1 hour, 1 day and 1 week before event
This tool is built into Zoom events to help improve conversion of registered users.
Make a Zap in Zapier
Zapier will allow you to actually connect your Zoom event with your ClickFunnel registration page. You can pay to do this within ClickFunnel as well. Zapier is a free option.
Create a Trigger
A Zap is an application that will trigger a connection between 2 systems.
- Choose the option to Make a Zap
- Select the ClickFunnels option
- Click on New Contact Activity
- Save and Continue
This step means the connection will happen every time there is a new registration on your ClickFunnels registration page. You are telling the Zap to send the user registration information from ClickFunnels to Zoom.
Register or Login
You’ll need to connect your ClickFunnels account to your Zapier account so Zapier can access your ClickFunnel events.
Once you’ve logged in or registered, you will see a list of your available events from ClickFunnels.
Set Up Your Funnel
You’ll need to tell Zapier which of your ClickFunnels to monitor and what action it should monitor for.
Choose the ClickFunnel event you want to sync with Zoom under the Funnel section. You’ll see a note that says “Which funnel should we watch for new Contacts?”. Zapier is monitoring the funnel you choose for new actions, in this case registrations.
Now that you’ve told Zapier where it should be monitoring, you need to tell it what to monitor for on that page.
You’ll see a note, “Which Funnel Step should we watch for new Contacts?”. Select the action Event Registration.
You are instructing Zapier to trigger an action when someone takes a funnel step on a funnel. In this case, you’re telling Zapier to take action when a user registers for your event on your ClickFunnel registration page.
Run the prompted test to make sure Zapier can successfully monitor the specified action on the correct funnel.
Choose an Action
Next, you’ll need to choose an app to take action in. In this case, you’re looking to take action in Zoom once Zapier is triggered by a user registration in ClickFunnel.
- Search for Zoom
- Select Zoom
- Select Create Registrant
This will tell Zoom to create a new registrant for every user that registers for your event in ClickFunnels.
Connect Your Zoom Account to Zapier
Zapier will need access to your Zoom account so that it can assign registrants to your event.
- Select the event you’d like to connect to the ClickFunnel registration you’ve already selected
- Add in First Name, Last Name, and Email as required fields
- Select yes to Send Confirmation Email
Next, you’ll click continue to test the information you want Zoom to capture. You should get a confirmation that your Zap is working.
Test Your Completed Integration
All of the parts are confirmed to work. At this point, you’ve received confirmation that, according to the system, your:
- ClickFunnel registration page is working
- Registrants should receive a confirmation email
- Zap can monitor your registration page and look for an event
- Zap can trigger an action when the event happens in ClickFunnel
- Zap can successfully push information to Zoom
Although the tests you’ve run along the way should be adequate to make sure everything is working smoothly, you’ll need to test the process end to end. By testing the process as a user, you will:
- See what your user experiences and identify any points of friction, errors, etc.
- Make sure that the system is working in practice
- Check for delays or breaks
To test, start where the user starts, the registration page.
Test Your Registration Link
Enter the link for your ClickFunnel registration page into your browser. Examine the landing page thoroughly. Sometimes, the page will look different or unique errors can occur when viewing the actual page instead of the preview in ClickFunnel.
Register for Your Event
Create a test registration by filling in the required fields. You can use a fake name or write “test” for the first and last name. Be sure to use a real email.
Confirm You’ve Successfully Registered
Check to make sure you received an email confirmation for your registration. You should also receive a Zoom invite.
Click here for a FREE two-week ClickFunnels trial, a FREE ClickFunnels course, and over 10 done-for-you funnels!
Test the link in the invite. You probably won’t be able to join the event since it has a future date. However, you will be able to tell that the link works.
Confirm You’ve Captured the Test User’s Data on the Backend
Make sure the test data was successfully stored in both ClickFunnel and Zoom. This data will be necessary for you to:
- Engage with attendees post-event
- Follow up with registrants who did not attend
- Track success and efficacy of your event
Why Should You Integrate ClickFunnels and Zoom
It creates a seamless experience for the registrant which:
- Looks professional
- Is easy to navigate
- Maximizes conversion of registrants
- Reduces the number of registrants who don’t attend your Zoom event
- Automates disconnected systems
It also Reduces administrative work for you by:
- Removing the need to manually add ClickFunnel registrants to a Zoom Invite
- Eliminating duplicate emails for registrants who can cause confusion and result in questions, you’ll need to answer
- Allowing you to capture registrant data
Integrating ClickFunnels and Zoom will create a seamless end-to-end experience for your users and automate the backend workflow for you.
You will be able to drive more traffic to your event, capture more registrants, and maintain contact with those registrants in the future.
If you’re ready, click here for a two-week free trial for ClickFunnels, a FREE ClickFunnels course, and over 10 done-for-you funnels.